Holy Trinity CE Primary and Nursery School
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the Data Controller is Holy Trinity CE Primary and Nursery School of Carrington Rd, Richmond TW10 5AA which operates the https://www.holytrinityschool.org.uk website (the”Service”).
About this document
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, youagree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you make enquiries on our website;
- From someone else who has submitted an enquiry online on your behalf (for example a family member, guardian or friend who has provided us with your contact details at your request for that purpose);
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Name, address, email address, year of birth, child’s name, child’s class. This information is collected by means of an online form which is provided by you or by your parent/Guardian;
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of the Silent Auction, Sponsored Bounce and Quiz Night Tickets
- Administration of the Library Biometric consent form
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including Cauliflower Cards and Christmas Trees;
- Informing us of your preferences and dislikes for purposes of assessing the needs and requirements of the overall School;
- Communication about our School activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- Storing your details on the software platforms we use for our online school management database;
- Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in surveys);
- Promoting our School;
- Promoting goods and services of third parties (for example Cauliflower Christmas Cards) where we think this will be of interest to you;
- Wherever this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), by regulation or statutory obligation, and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of our School. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Confirmation of transactions, such as payment receipts (as applicable);
Control of your data
You are in control of how we communicate with you. The personal information used by the School is available for you to view. You may request amendments and deletions to, or a copy of, your data from the School Office Administrator at:
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data to other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our volunteers and employees, for the purposes of administration;
- Our systems providers who host our website, email, and online security backup and recovery services;
- Your photographic image which may appear on our website in photographs of sports play or social activities in and associated with the School. You may simply ask at any time for your image to be removed from the website should you so wish. Photographs of children will only be used if the parent or guardian has signed a separate consent form.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How long your information is kept
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Information will be securely deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the purpose it was submitted;
- Information will be updated, archived or securely delete if it goes out of date.
- We will retain payment data in order to retain the integrity of our financial accounting records and for other statutory and regulatory purposes for a period of 6 years. After 6 years all such remaining data will be deleted.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ‘+1’ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party. Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.