Forest School Curriculum at HT
Each term every class at HT has a ‘Forest School Day’. Rain or shine the children have opportunities to explore a variety of different woodland areas and immerse themselves in different activities. These include:
- visiting Ham common and Richmond Park
- identifying trees and building dens
- playing games, a favourite being track and trace
- pond dipping and bug hunting in our woodland garden
- using ropes and shelter building
- problem solving and investigating
- using a variety of tools to whittle and carve
- creating art work and tree rubbings
- building fires and making bread/toasting marshmallows
We are extremely lucky to be located a short walk from both Richmond Park and Sheen Common and to have a wonderful woodland garden and pond area.
We also run forest school nurture groups and a forest school club.