Measures to keep everyone safe include:
- Staff recruitment and selection – ensuring that all staff have been appropriately checked for their suitability, using the Safe Recruitment procedures.
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep themselves safe.
- Developing and implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Establishing a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily.
We recognise that because of their day-to-day contact with children, school staff are ideally placed to observe the outward signs of abuse. Staff in schools will therefore:
- Report any inappropriate behaviour / activities to designated staff.
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that they can approach any adult in school if they are worried and they will receive a consistent, supportive response.
- Provide, within the PSHE curriculum, opportunities for children to develop the skills they need to recognise, and stay safe, from abuse.
Follow the link to our Online Safety Policy and Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2022-23
Holy Trinity is part of the Operation Encompass scheme which has been designed to provide early reporting on any domestic incidents that occur outside of school and might have an impact on a child in school. Operation Encompass will ensure that a member of school staff is informed if there has been a domestic incident so we can ensure that the child is supported whilst they are in school. www.operationencompass.org